Wednesday, December 16, 2009

'Tis the Season

German Embassy Christmas Bazaar, Beijing
‘Tis the Season to be Merry…..’

It’s December, Christmas is just around the corner. Mistle toes and stockings are already up. Christmas trees are lit up and wish-lists are ready. I’m having Starbuck’s Toffee Nut Latte on a cold afternoon while writing this blog. Outside I can see an old man selling hot roasted sweet potatoes. I love the roasted sweet potato chips..they’re so addictive!

Anyways, coming back to Christmas…It reminds me of home, when we were kids… I wouldn’t be able to sleep on Christmas eve wondering what I’d get for Christmas. And keep waking up to see if the gifts have already been kept under the Christmas tree..It reminds me of Mom baking cookies, and us kids, frosting them. It reminds me of rum plum cake…It reminds me of attending midnight mass and looking forward to a New Year.

This year, though we’ll be at home just in time for Christmas, its out first Christmas season in Beijing..It’s such a happy season..

We celebrated Christmas at the German Embassy, which held their Annual Christmas Bazaar. Gluhwein kept us warm on this cold winter day. We took picture with ‘Sinterklaaus’ and did a bit of Christmas Shopping.

Then we had the INN Christmas Luncheon, (INN-International Newcomer’s Network is an organization I volunteer for) we hosted a luncheon at Marriott’s North East proceeds of which go to charity. It reminded us of what this season is really about…We had kids from Bethel Foster Home performing. It really tugged the heart to see these blind kids sing Carols, when they really may not know how “Christmas” looks like..
We take so many things for granted... It’s time to look back and see what a wonderful year this has been and count our blessings.

Can’t wait to head home next week for Christmas; spend the wonderful season with friends and family. I’m sure time will fly and before we know it we’ll be back in Beijing. I’ve already made a “to do” list for the New Year. And Ice biking on the frozen Houhai Lake, tops my list!

Wish you all a wonderful blessed Christmas! God bless…More in the New Year 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete