Tuesday, April 27, 2010

…And it’s April already!

Wow! Time does fly! April already!

I’ve just begun Book 3 in my Chinese classes, and the book has no pinyin! So finally I’ve begun to read and write Chinese. It takes so much of your effort. I try to recognize the characters when I read the text the first time, and I’ve to read it again to translate it in my mind and again a third time to understand what it means! But it’s been exciting so far.

Every time I watch an English movie I try to read the Chinese subtitles and feel very proud of myself if I can recognize a few familiar ones….

Talking about movies,

Clash of the Titans on 3D was such a disappointment. Abhilash was keener on watching the movie (Yes! I prefer the rom-com type clichéd movies! ) we headed for a late night show at Mega box. You can manage to watch the whole movie without those geeky 3D glasses. The caramel popcorn we bought was the only reason we sat through the movie.

This month we tried out two new restaurants

Ibn Batouta , a new Moroccan Restaurant started near Sanlitun. Small, cozy restaurant
We took the help of the owner to order our dinner.
We ordered some salad for starters; Tagine chicken and Tagine fish(the owner explained Tagine is the name of the vessel in which the dish is cooked in)Cous Cous for main course; and mint tea to drink. I loved the Tagine fish; the fish was well cooked and was nice and tender. The Cous Cous was also pretty good.

Teppanyaki@Sanlitun:Tairyo
Voted Outstanding Japanese in Beijinger’s2010 Restaurant awards, we couldn’t wait to try out the newly opened branch at the Village. They have an all day buffet (all you can eat and drink) at RMB 198, but we preferred to go ala carte and order the Beef and Garlic Fried rice, Sea food fried rice, Chicken Steak, Prawns and some veggies. The chef who cooked our food was (we guess! ) a newbie and though nervous served us a really good meal. Dinner should put you back by around 80-100RMB per person.

After months of dull,cold days…the sun is finally out! It’s bright even at 7 in the evening :)
Green grass and blossom flowers. It’s drizzling…smell of the earth…
Al fresco brunches and outdoor barbeque picnics…
That’s exactly what we shall be doing for the long weekend in May. Will keep posting.Thank you all for the kind comments, do keep writing in.. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment