Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hot Pot for a Cold Winter Evening and Bringing in the Christmas Cheer - Part 2

Remember how I mentioned we've been having Hotpot to keep ourselves warm this winter?
Well, another kind of Hot pot we are love is the Dry hot pot - " Ma la Xiang Guo" Which literally translates to Spicy hot pot. We always order " Wei la" which means Spicy taste - and the person taking our order is always surprised as they usually don't have too many foreigners asking for really spicy food. My mouth's watering just at the thought of it as I am writing this...It's really addictive
Malaxiangguo@ Novo, Wangjing

Yay! It's snowing! Just flurries though, that melt away the next day. It's lovely to walk out in the morning and have flurries fall over your face...reminds me of words of the song from Sound of Music...
**...Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes...These are a few of my favorite things...**
We were wondering if it'd snow late this year like last year thanks to the dry weather in Beijing, but one fine morning, we woke up and drew our curtains to see the lovely sight of everything covered in snow. It was like icing sugar was dusted all over the city...

View of our Compound , First snow this year
The only way to survive Beijing winters are wearing thermals, over that your clothes, over that your woollen sweaters and socks and over that the Down jacket, wrap your neck in a muffler, wear a nice thick cap, put on your boots and though you feel wobbly all over, you're all set to go out and face those chilly winds! Well I think about it this way, atleast people won't notice the calories I've put on having those Christmas treats! I can hide under the thick jacket and get away with it! :-)

Hmm, Christmas treats, was wondering where we'd pick up our Christmas goodies this time - the German Bakery at Liangmaqiao or at our regular favorite Comptoirs de France..
Then, Abhilash went and bought me an oven... which means I've no more excuses and will have to bake some Christmas treats this year! I've already started experimenting...

Chicken Rost for dinner
Cappucino Chocolate Chip Muffins
Looking forward to a nice White Christmas. Till my next post, Merry Christmas and God Bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment