Friday, July 3, 2015

Cooking classes in Beijing

All the years we've been in Beijing and I hadn't mastered any chinese dish. It is so convenient (and cheap) to walk to your neighbourhood restaurant and have a nice warm meal.

Though the year i first came , at the school I was learning Chinese they had free classes to learn how to make dumplings and it was a lot of fun, I never tried making them on my own.

So now that it is time to leave China, I thought it's high time I learn, or atleast attempt to master a dish.
I looked on line for places that offer Chinese cooking classes in  English and came across this article in the Timeout Beijing magazine.
http://www.timeoutbeijing.com/features/Food__Drink-Food_Features/10758/The-best-Chinese-cooking-classes-in-Beijing.html

I enrolled for a Sichuan cooking class (also because of my love for Gong bao Ji ding / Kungpao Chicken) at the Hutong.
http://thehutong.info/calendar/July.html

The class was fun, the teacher offered some nice tips on the ingredients used, we hand hands on experiences in chopping and stirring as well as making sauces for the dishes.

I'm now all armed to try my hand at Chinese cuisine! ;-)







No comments:

Post a Comment