Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bangalore to Beijing

"I'm Loving it" the McDonald's slogan means so much more now!

Never thought life in Beijing would be so exciting! I mean when Abhilash asked about moving to Beijing, I was like "who moves to China!?"

I never thought I'd love any other city as much as I loved Bangalore. Hanging out on Church Street, Walking through maddening crowds on Brigade..I do miss all of that. Bangalore has some great memories, and will always remain special.

Beijing is a change from life in Bangalore. We've so much more time on our hands now. I never thought I'll learn a new language. That would have never happened if I had moved to New York or London. You need to learn mandarin to survive in China, but it's so nice to learn a new language. People have something like that on their wishlist> "100 things to do before I'm too old.."

Learning a new language is just one part of the exciting things you get to do while you're in Beijing. We've been doing a bit of travelling too. So many places to see, we've already made a long list!

It's been about 4 months since we've been here. Transition has been so smooth.
The transport system is convenient. Everything u need is available. Beijing is just like any other foreign city. I know people who have just moved in to Beijing and are worried about the facilities or about life here.You would be worried moving into any new city , considering you're moving out of your comfort zone. Once you settle in, there's just so much to explore and so much to learn,nothing else matters.

I guess my Posts on this Blog is proof enough. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment