Monday, June 13, 2011

Our fav Chinese dishes

I had some an awesome lunch today! Sichuan style food. I see Sichuan food and I become a glutton and stuff myself until I feel am about to pass out! I'm serious!

It’s then I thought I don’t actually have a post on Chinese food…not an extensive one atleast.
Here are a few dishes that we love to eat that I’m sharing.

Chao fan (Fried Rice)
Chao mian (Fried noodles)
Jiaozi (Dumplings)
Baozi (Steam bun usually stuffed with meat)
Gongbao Jiding (Kungpao Chicken) Dicedchicken, stir-fried with dry chili peppers and peanuts. Sweet and Spicy Flavor
Mapo Doufu (Spicy Beancurd)
Suanla Tang (Hot and Spicy soup)
Gan Bian Si Ji Dou – (Fried beans with Red chillies and ground pork)
Chao Qiezi (Stir Fried Eggplant)
Man tou (Fried buns usually served with condensed milk)

The above are the dishes we usually order while eating out.

Most restaurants have a pictorial menu so it’s pretty easy to order. Please remember to specify if you're vegeterian as most of the veg dishes also might have some minced meat or may be cooked in fish oil.Chinese restaurants are usually crowded and noisy and will also have a lot of smokers! So be prepared.

Another thing you find unusual is the staff get the menu and will stand watching over you until you place an order…You can ask her to come back after 5 minutes else, just pretend she’s not there while deciding what to order :-)

A lot of people have asked me if I can cook chinese food, and am a bit ashamed to say I can boil up some Frozen Dumplings or make that packet of Instant noodles… Well, what would you do if you had a choice between popping into that restaurant around the corner and have cheap and yummy chinese food, and gathering all those ingredients and sauces and making a total mess?


Happy Eating :-)
P.s All the above drool worthy images have been taken from the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment